Friday, January 21, 2011

Am I worthy?

Am I worthy to be called a photographer? This image I like because it is calm.. like right after a large storm..












This one, I call, Leap John Deeres.. One man and his 50+ John Deere tractors down in a ravine heading back home from participating in a small town 4th of July parade.











Boy pulling his imaginary friend. Just look at the fact that the small boy with a small (old fashioned sled) is surrounded by SNOW! One can't see the roads.. everything is WHITE.










How do I know that it is not competition worthy when I am content with some of my images? Especially since I am my worst critic.

1 comment:

  1. Am I worthy to be called a photographer? No one gets to answer that but you! Who makes the standards? What is the holy grail in photography? If you enjoy the creative process of photography and are satisfied with the end result of a photograph then you are without hesitation a photographer...(and a great one at that!) The real question imho isn't when you are worthy enough it is something completely different...."Why" are you a photographer? Obviously we are artists first and foremost. Maybe cliche, but still true...we paint with light...our medium really isn't any different than a traditional painter. Instead of canvas paint and brush we are camera, recording medium and paper. We don't always have to say something in our work,, sometimes we just "paint" because it is satisfying. When we are satisfied, we want to share what we create with the world whether they like it or not. Like any artist, we are simply happy when we are creating......It's a great time to be a photographer!

    ReplyDelete